Mødested for autistisk kultur
Dato og tid er 22 jan 2018 18:17

Alle tider er UTC + 1 time [DST ]

Skriv nyt emne Svar på emne  [ 1 indlæg ] 
Forfatter besked
Snakkesalig
Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: 2830 Virum
Denne her artikel dukkede op i Facebook og jeg syntes at den præsenterer et positivt syn på autismen, som jeg gerne vil dele. Jeg kan godt se at den er et par år gammel, men bedre sent end aldrig.

Som sædvanlig, skal i have nogle citater, som appetitvækkere.
Citat:
There's not much doubt that autism, along with Asperger Syndrome, is finally becoming accepted as a normal part of the human fabric. Even if some people still see autism as a condition that needs to be "treated," it's increasingly obvious that people on the autism spectrum are finding ways to succeed in our neurotypical-based society.

Citat:
The signs of autism's reach are beginning to been seen virtually everywhere. People on the spectrum are driving the creation of alternative forms of expression, new businesses and institutions, and cutting-edge technologies. "And not only do they make these things comfortable for themselves," noted Silberman, "they're useful for all of us."

Citat:
One area in which autistic people are making an impact is maker culture. "Many on the spectrum love to take apart and then rebuild or change or hack mechanical devices," said Silberman. It's resulted in a convergence of geeks and the popularization of tech culture.

And the sentiment is infectious. "I started to respect the people that were totally into something obscure and technical and completely proud of it, said Kuszewski, "I admired how they were so willing to put their obsessive nerdiness on display." Working with these kids, she started to find it hard not get excited about even the most arcane things. "You get so thrilled over such tiny little things."

How autism is changing the world for everybody

Mvh.
A.

Vis indlæg fra foregående:  Sorter efter  
Skriv nyt emne Svar på emne  [ 1 indlæg ] 

Alle tider er UTC + 1 time [DST ]